Thursday 30 July 2015

It's been a funny/tough 2/3 months and the recent days have seen me experiencing a lot more turbulence in my mental health, however this to me is a good thing as it seems that I'm breaking out of that bad mood rut that I had been in alongside my overwhleming anxiety.  The therapy is helping me challenge the negative and catastrophic thinking,  a friend recommended 'Three Principles' which is the only self help homework alongside mindfulness that I'm going to do when I'm away in the USA.

My GP is happy for me to travel as is my therapist and my mental health nurse, that's good as getting Mental Health covered under travel insurance is proving difficult and I think I'm just going to 'Do Nothing' with that and trust it out as it feels I'm on the upswing.  With the upswing though my newly diagnosed ( tbc) Cyclythymic traits are showing in moments and hours of mania occasionally.  I have to keep a mood diary for my Psychiatrict assessments and it was actually my Wives insight into the mania that brought it to the attention of the mental health nurse, I hadnt really even discussed it with my GP.  Sometimes not everything comes out with every health professional and I guess that Mental Health is a difficult and with some folks subjective thing.

The Meds seem / seem to be dampening the overwhelming anxiety.  I haven't had a dawn to dusk day where I have had the adrenaline prickles for a whole day, that's exhausting.  I'm trying to walk / exercise more as well which I think is helping with that also.  My Meds on my EMIS patient record are broken into 2 types of medications interestingly as I signed up for Patient Record access with my GP this week. They are intensive and ongoing.  The intensive Meds which I think I may need to be off to work are the Valium, Sleeping Tablets and possibly the Quetapine .... though I thought that was going to be needed ongoing ?   The Ongoing are the Perycyazine , Anti Depressant and my Lanzoprazol.

Anyone, reason to blog = None apart from Catharcism for me
Though I am begining to be excited to cradle my GrandDaughter as well as anxious at the next 36 hours to get to Cinncinati.

Peace ......     Tony

p.s. I want to wish a Happy Retirement to my mucker at work Tony Noon.   One of the absolute best people I have ever worked with in my 30 years at Aviva.    Tony, enjoy it, you deserve it.

No comments: