Thursday 4 October 2018

Blank Page



Its national poetry day today so here is a very quickly written poem for the occasion from myself:-



Blank Page
=========

I thought I’d write a poem
So I’m getting in the mood
I’ve took off all my clothes
And I’m writing in the nude

Did that get your attention
I guess it probably depends
On what you see in your head
And how close we are as Friends

Maybe I should write something serious
Something that brings a tear to your eye
Romance you from the written page
But I’m not that kind of Guy

I could right about things Politic
Surely that would be quite drab
However I think the consensus is
That Polticians right now are bad

So here we are on Poetry day
A page to fill in front of me
I’ll let my character fill the page
I thinks that’s probably key

Whats the most important thing
That I could say to you today
I think I would tell you to be more kind
Every single day ………….

Written 4th October 2018

https://nationalpoetryday.co.uk/about-npd/


No comments: