Friday 16 October 2015

...Rolling News...

Well, I had Hypnotherapy for Anxiety for the first time yesterday, but thats a story for another blog as I don't think I have enough to comment on as yet.  First session was half consultation & history, half short Hypnotherapy session.  Im not even sure if I was in a trance or just relaxed?

During the consultation I did mention that I get unnerved by watching the TV News, that I feel I shouldn't be/feel ill when there is so much worse stuff happening in the world.  I find the TV News can really alter my mood/anxiety if I'm struck with the unfairness of it all /or/ overwhelmed by the idioacy of decisions made in government.  Generally i know I can't influence much though I do supprot some of the 38 Degree campaigns as it feels like I'm engaging that way.  The Hypnotherapist/Counsellor, though, said 'Don't watch it, if it makes you feel bad, don't watch it'.  That feels like a cop out for me, that feels like, let the world sort itself out, you've got enough on without worrying about others, but I want to ensure that I treat others well.  I guess it's a juxtaposition for me.

Another friend of many years, high lighted her thoughts on some of my recent ruminations.  She also said she rarely watches the news as knowing there is sh1t in the world does neither her not them any good.  Shes chooses to focus on what she can influence and change, that's mainly herself.  She then feels that having the energy to live the life she wants to can benefit others and not just herself.  She feels being a point of positivity does actually benefit the world.  I'm far detached from being able to practically do this though.

For me, it feels like I'm making excuses for not engaging with the world if I avoid things like discussing the news, entering into political debate etc etc  My friend, who is a long standing Life Coach challenges me , as does my talking therapist.  Whom am I making excuses to?  Feels selfish but even though Im living in an a word where Im interconnecteed with all that exists I cant be responsible for it all ....... self preservation is key I guess to me making any positive influence on the world.

Joining forces with forces for positivity can make the world a better place, joining forces ( as I am currently ) with those in fear just adds to the fear.  I need to focus on what I can change, bur still have compassion for others but not believe its my pain to bear.

Does that make sense, thanks to LP, x

No comments: