Tuesday 20 October 2015

Albums that have influenced and made a mark on you ..........

A change from blog posts on Mental Health.

***NEW THING***ALBUMS FROM YOUR TEENS TO TODAY***Provide an album a year from when you hit 13 years old and explain what it meant THEN and relisten and see what you feel now .....
1976:13 years old: RAMONES by RAMONES: THEN ~~ I was listening to John Peel and this was the 3rd ever album I bought. Prior to this I had a Wombles album & Desolation Boulevard by the Sweet. This album seemed essential, energetic, full of what were though 3 chord wonders really hooky tracks. I played it an awful lot then and I moved from the Ramones to the UK Punk/New Wave scene for my musical education though friends were trying to get me into Prog. The stand out track for me was 'Blitzkreig Bop' and Im sure the album annoyed my Mum & Dads country & western tastes. Funny that Spewtum have never covered a Ramones track. NOW ~~ On relisten this album really stands the test of time, if anything the only thing is that I can now spot 2/3 tracks that were fillers though nearly 40 years ago it felt like there was no filler, all thrillers ............. next: 1977 

***NEW#2***ALBUMS FROM YOUR TEENS TO TODAY***Provide an album from when you were 14 years old and explain what it meant THEN and relisten and see what you feel now .....
1977:14 years old: So, I'm guessing most people will pick the Sex Pistols and NMTB from 1977, however I maintain that there was an album that I bought at Bowers & Barr with my school dinner monies that eclipsed that and laid the foundations for a band you can't help but admire. THE CLASH:THE CLASH. How could you fail to love an album that contains 'Janie Jones','White Riot','Garageland' & the change of direction of 'Police & Thieves', there was something about this band and there was better to come from them ........ on re-listen, though I have relistened many times it stands the test of time, it's fresh, it's varied and most of all, it's lyrically top notch all the way through. Joe was a genius .......... next: 1978


No comments: