Wednesday 2 December 2015

Everybody

Everybody keeps telling me how well I'm doing.  Everybody keeps telling me that I'm doing well.  I don't feel that way though.  

I just feel like Im not the man I was, Im trying at work, I really am but I dont feel I have the analysis, decision making and skills that I once had ............. It feels like Im less than I need to be, subsequently some days even though things I think are more stable I feel over whelmed with anxiety.  I felt better before I was back at work, I thought I was better than I am I guess.
I just wish I was more than I am.

2 comments:

Matt_Zipfel said...

Hey Tony. It's great to see you at work.
A great piece of advice I once received was to not compare myself to others, as it will only lead to misery.

Perhaps you are a different person now, and shouldn't compare yourself to how you were before? At the risk of trying to help (and failing dramatically), I'd suggest (if you can) to just do what you can with your new abilities and experiences. Different doesn't mean worse...it can mean better.

I hope this helps - I'd hate for it to do the opposite. Always available for a chat if you want to catch up.

mezzaninedoor said...

Matt,
Thanks. I get what you are saying and it does/would help if it wasn't for the way my head does its default processing.
I'm trying and continuing to try but its all very muggy, frustrating and a little bit scary in the longer term.
Appreciate your support Matt.

Tony