Wednesday 30 December 2015

Twelve Symptoms #3

I'm a bit tardy with this series, sorry.  I do find a schedule hard to keep at the moment.

#3 ~~ Rapid Speech & Overspeaking

This is one that I'm normally very unaware of unless someone points it out to me.  I apologised to a colleague at work on my recent return as I was aware in a number of meetings I had spoken overtop of him and it had caused some friction at the time.

The rapid speech often means that the conversation is meandering though fast and may not reach a logical conclusion, a bit like knowing what you want to say at the beginning but then the speech being distracted and shooting off at tangents.

I guess this symptom lays with the general symptoms associated with a rapid burst of energy when having a manic or euphoric episode.  This rapid speech is I believe also associated with an over estimation of ones ability and a likeliness to take on more tasks than youn can handle, basically holding your hand up for every volunteered action etc etc.

next #4 -- Racing Thoughts

No comments: