Tuesday 12 January 2016

twelve symptoms #10

#10  Fatigue



Perhaps couter-intuitively contrary to manic symptoms/episodes, Sufferers suffering from a depressive episode will often experience extreme tiredness and fatigue. I often feel worn out by my depression and anxiety and even though I haven’t done anything really, feel tired and listless and want to shut myself away from the world and roll up in bed.  An overall lack of motivation throughout the day and the prior are all potential signs of bipolar disorder. Its said that these symptoms are one of the clearest juxtapositions of the night to day to night dichotomy between mania and depression, the two non equal sides of BiPolar disorder.  As well as any felt physical fatigue, sufferers often feel mentally “bogged down” ( I have stated this as feeling muggy and not able interllect wise to do my job ). During depression I and despite maybe getting enough/ample sleep I still feel a Mental sluggishness replaces the manic mania euphoria, I lack, often quite suddenly can lack desire/drive to do the things that interest them.  I also suffer from a failure of decision making, too much choice means I fail to relax. Eg.  I might have 5 films ,  5 Cd’s, 5 work books , 5 comics etc etc to choose from BUT I just can not choose what to utilise !!!

*********ALSO*********

I wrote a short poem regards David Bowie ~ http://sane.org.uk/support_forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28859
He will be missed, more than that he probably inspired a lot of people regards fashion, sexuality and music

No comments: