Tuesday 12 January 2016

twelve symptoms #9

#9 Missed Work and Appointments

Apparently a common symptom of bipolar disorder is the inability to maintain a schedule. This causes many sufferers to miss work or other commitments, luckily I haven’t really had this too much at all.  I do occasionally feel the need to roll up foetally in my bed underneath the duvet and hide away but this is rare when I’m actually at work.  If I’m ill to the factor that my symptom’s affect my day to day life then I’m normally already off work though on returns to work the odd days can be lost.

During a manic period there is an expectation that the sufferer may be busy persuing other activities and miss work, deeming without check that the other activities are more important at the time, again I have not had evidence of much of this.  In fact when I’m manic I’m more likely to over work, overdo my working life amongst the mania.  I have had the issue where I can’t focus on the task at hand so I have seen work disrupted that way during a manic episode.  During depression the lethargy can sometimes kick in and I fail to see the point in working or life in general.

No comments: