Thursday 14 January 2016

twelvw symptoms #11

#11. Chronic Pain with No Known Cause
 Sufferers experiencing other symptoms on this list, along with chronic pain with no known cause, may be suffering from bipolar disorder. I haven’t had this symptom personally but I’m informed that pain can present itself throughout many parts of the body, which could be but I guess we would not limit to, severe headaches. Muscle aches and generalised aches, nonspecific pains can also occur.  I don’t think I understand this very well as I can’t imagine this, though I have had headaches but have put them down to medication changes and things that headaches would normally be a symptom of.

There are cases, where the pain felt has a known cause, but for BiPolar sufferers it may be amplified and intensified. An example migh be, a person with a mild thing like a bruised knee may complain of unbearable throbbing pain, intense pain, greater than what would normally be expected from a mild injury. Curiously, it has been established, that rather than painkillers, it seems that antidepressants offer the most effective relief from this type of pain.

No comments: