Thursday 7 January 2016

twelve symptoms #6

Increased Physical Activity (manic phase )

Hope people are finding this series of blogs helpful ...............

When I have had my rare manic episodes I have often had extremely high levels of energy and have almost run/walked in the office between meetings.  Some sufferers turn to physical activities but I have tended to keep to my normal activities but proceeded to do them at 100 miles an hour, losing the benefit of my energy by probably losing my friends and work colleagues in my wake.  My energetic mania is interrupted by long periods of lethargy and depression within my type 2 bipolar it seems, it’s a sort of carch & burn scenario it seems.  I don’t tend to see my mania so I need my wife/friends to spot this in me really, in order to arrest that mania in its throws hopefully.
I don’t find though some sufferers do that I engage in compulsive sexual behaviour during a manic episode though it could be said that a few high energy activities I may have randomly taken to could be seen as having risk associated with them.  I need to get to places ASAP and so I cross roads without the normal respect for the traffic on the roads.
Hope that makes some sort of sense.

No comments: